"I finished TMS about a month ago, and it really helped my depression!
With the TMS, medications, and therapy, I feel better than I have in a long time. I would definitely recommend TMS to anyone
who was on the fence about whether they should complete the 4-6 week course of treatment."
-Patient review from Healthgrades.com
In a 2010 NIMH-funded, independent, randomized
controlled trial, patients treated with TMS using the Neurostar System were four times more likely to
achieve remission compared to patients receiving sham treatment
Call now to schedule
a consultation or
Is TMS right for you?
If you are a patient suffering from
depression who has not had satisfactory results from standard antidepressant medication, NeuroStar TMS Therapy may be able
to help. This novel alternative depression treatment is not a drug, so it does not circulate throughout the body and does
not have the side effects that are associated with drug therapy.
If you agree with two or more of these statements, ask your doctor about NeuroStar
symptoms have interfered with my daily life.
- I am not satisfied with the results I get from
- I have had, or have worried about, side effects from depression medications.
have switched medications for depression due to side effects.
- I am interested in a proven, non-drug therapy
For patients with depression who have not benefited from antidepressant medication, NeuroStar TMS Therapy
can offer HOPE.
are awake and alert during treatments
- Patients can
go back to their normal activities immediately after treatment
treatment takes 37 minutes
- Treatment is administered
five days a week, for approximately 4 to 6 weeks
How TMS Works
a pulsed magnetic field to stimulate nerve cells in the left prefrontal cortex known to affect mood
- Local neurons depolarize and release neurotransmitters
- Distant areas of the limbic system are activated via neuronal pathways
- Blood flow & glucose metabolism rise in the stimulated regions, which is thought
to result in improved mood
- Covered by most insurance plans including: Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medicare, Tricare, Humana,
Aetna, CIGNA, United healthcare, and others.
is available for those whose insurance does not cover the cost of treatments.
Real people, real stories: Videos of actual patient experiences with TMS therapy